All Star Foods Canada Ltd
Total Words: 3249
All Star Foods Canada is a subsidiary of All Star Foods Snacks Company which is one of the market leaders in Canadian market. By the volume of sales, it owns some of the largest selling brands in Toronto, Quebec and other regional markets of Canada. The group, whose world headquarters is located in Toronto and is headed by Bruce Tate, who was one of the senior managers in Chicago head office of All Star Foods.
1. Identify the stated, needed or implied mission, vision, strategic direction, and strategic goals.
- Determine the key stakeholders’ needs and/or preferences.
- Determine whether there are any constraints that require consideration ortargets that must be met.
- Scan the organization’s internal and external environments, and identify thestrengths, weaknesses, general opportunities, and threats (SWOT).
2. Financial Summary (ratio analysis)
3. What are the Major problems/issues in the case:
- Identify the major strategic issues that need to be addressed (e.g. overallcorporate strategic direction, specific business opportunities and critical weaknesses and threats
- List in order of importance.
- Identify alternatives for addressing major strategic issues.
4. Discuss and Review the 2 Options:
Option 1– Acquire Deli Snack Itee
‐ Quantitative Analysis- Profitability analysis, Net Present Value, Return on Investment and interpret the results of all calculations - Qualitative Analysis - Provide a balanced discussion of the pros and cons of each alternative
Option 2 – Acquire Supreme Snacks Incorporated (SSI) ‐ Quantitative Analysis - Profitability analysis, Net Present Value, Return on Investment and interpret the results of all calculations- Qualitative Analysis - Provide a balanced discussion of the pros and cons of each alternative Option 3 – Other Option (both or neither?)
5. Recommendation with reasoning and Action Plan - Rank the 2 options in terms of importance. Consider whether alternative addresses major strategic issues, is aligned with the organization’s overriding objective, is a good fit with with the internal and external environments, and makes good economic sense
6. Implementation Plan - Create a plan for recommended strategies for resolving the major issues: - Identify and analyze the implementation issues, such as those concerningchange management, acquiring the required resources (financial and human),and resolving the cons previously - Make recommendations pertaining to the implementation issues and minor issues.
7. Financial forecast based on recommendation:- Prepare an appropriate financial forecast